Autobiographical: Creative Inspirations

As the title says, I am going to talk a bit about inspiration and what things or people have inspired me lately.

I am a casual artist and writer right now. Its my intention to become a professional writer in the future, but I never really had intentions to make profit on my art. I was approached by someone today however who said my art would sell really well and they could try to help me. I politely declined, only because I've read on the programs I use that they cannot be reused for profit. The compliment of being approached though made my heart soar with happiness and confidence. Someone actually thought what I do was worthy of making money from.

Two days ago, I also got the idea to share one of my dolls on a Facebook page who was celebrating 'Pride' on their page. I thought: "hey, I have a sailor moon in a rainbow style, maybe they'd like to share it." So I messaged them, and they got back to me and said to share it on their page and they would re-share it. Sure enough, they did. While on average my art pieces will get about 20 views at best... this page so far got my piece close to one THOUSAND views. I couldn't believe it. So you know what this experience taught me? That I am not doing enough to reach out to others online to share what I write or make art wise. That page alone has inspired me to know I need to work harder and reach out further to get the results I desire. That page on Facebook by the way is The Moon Kingdom so you should check them out! They share some great Sailor Moon art.

Much of my art is done on the site Doll Divine but I also use others like Azalea's Dress Up Dolls too. You can find hundreds of doll making programs online, free to use. The catch is, remember that this art does not belong to you even though you are assembling the piece. The base art was made by others such as Drachea Rannak for example. Without those artists and programmers, you wouldn't have the doll maker to create what you do. So always make sure you leave the watermark on your art, and give them credit when someone asks.

Finally, I recently listened to a "rant" so to speak from two different streamers on Twitch about the steps it takes to get professional in the artistic category of your choosing. One explained the importance of remembering that it could take up to five years of your effort before you see true results, and by then you need to decide if what you are doing is working... or if you need to take a different approach. The other one spoke on the importance of networking and utilizing others to cross-advertise and share your viewers with others who will do the same for you, mixing the communities. It benefits both people, and lets "fans" get access to even more enjoyable content they might not have otherwise. These two streamers by the way were Kismet Kismet and Banlish .

I also have a ton of support from friends and loved ones who always encourage me to push harder and move forward. They remind me that I have talent worthy of earning income off of, and to not settle for doing everything for free. Mind you... I'm always going to be doing things for free, but I do have plans in the future such as publishing my books that should net me a little profit. I do hope everyone keeps enjoying what I do, because the more people enjoy it the happier I am and the more confidence you give me. Thank you all.

Comments

Popular Posts