Autobiographical: Being Accountable

Hey everyone. I'm taking some time now to write this post (which is a bit slower due to my burnt fingers) to touch on a new decision I've made in my life and why I'm doing it. I hope as usual, you might walk away from reading this with your own drive and ideas too.

So, I decided that I am dedicating Tuesdays from now on to my writing. Not just blogs, but my books as well. I find that I am so distracted now between medical issues, stress, and procrastination which leads to playing games or watching streams. So if I can hold myself accountable to write on Tuesdays BEFORE doing anything else (except perhaps drink some coffee) then I not only will have less distractions, but more responsibility to myself. I also reward myself after by getting to watch my streams or play my games.

Finding the energy and inspiration to write doesn't always come easy. When I try to write, I really not only need to be fully focused (interruptions will completely derail my train of thought) but also have some inspiration. The inspiration part is harder, because I can't just 'turn it on'. I have found certain things and times that do seem to be more favorable to me though. Writers block is a serious frustration for writers. It can come out of nowhere, and last for indeterminable amounts of time. If you don't know ways to try to remedy it, you can become frustrated, stressed, or even downright depressed. Writing is a passion, a job, and a talent. To be unable to do it for reasons you can't control makes you want to rip your hair out.

So yes, with the help of friends and their encouragement and ideas, I decided to finally devote one fully day to write. That doesn't mean I have to wrote a full blog, or an entire chapter of my book. Even if I only write a single paragraph of something, it will at least keep me in the habit, remind me if what needs to be done, and exercise my brain. Staying in a good habit takes time and effort, and if I can do it, then I think I can knock out blogs a lot more regularly, and get my books written before I start turning grey.

Thank you to those of you who have taken the time to read my blogs, because that helps encourage me with knowing people are actually interested in what I'm sharing and that it isn't a waste. In fact, one of my friends who goes by Bane encouraged me to write this very blog. I asked people for some ideas, and she said: "why don't you write about why you're dedicating writing to Tuesdays?" Genius. She had some streams on Twitch which focused on bettering ourselves with more positive outlooks, and healthy habits. One of the reasons I started to write my blogs again was because of her steering me in the right direction.

Now you know the reasoning I'll be holding myself accountable by dedicating one day a week to writing at -least- a paragraph. Though I suspect it will inspire me to do quite a bit more, but only time will tell on that.

Comments

Popular Posts